• Register Today It's free!

Second Row Seat - Headrest

kd224

Reaction score
City, State
Belleville, ON
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Explorer XLT
Just bought a 2014 XLT, the prior owner had a car seat in the 40% seat location. It must have hooked up somehow to the headrest because now the headrest rattles. After searching I wasn't able to find out a solution. The headrest guides or sleeve is what is loose so there is some play in the actual headrest. This doesn't impact the function of the headrest but it is annoying to have it rattle non-stop as you go down the road (country roads).

It seems to me after inspecting, that the sleeves in the back of the seat as loose. Is this an easy fix? I wasn't sure how to get the headrest out or the sleeves/guides.

Has anyone come across a similar situation and could suggest a fix. I have pulled the back of the seat cover up some as that just clipped in however I do not want to rip the whole seat cushions off as I am not sure i will be able to get it back together the same way!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I believe you are the first member from Belleville, home of Hawkins Cheezies.😍 I don't believe your particular issue has been brought up here before so there are no previous posts to get info from. Perhaps another member will be able to help out.

Peter

thanks for the welcome! Hawkins Cheezies are good... worked there one summer as a student and I can finally eat them again after 20-something years... haha

curious if anyone has ever taken the leather off the upright part of the seats?

Back