Selling help from the Brits please | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Selling help from the Brits please

Mozzer

Reaction score
City, State
England
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 XLT
I'm afraid that I just can't justify 17mpg anymore and the X has to go, I just need your thoughts on what sort of price I should sell it for.

Details as follows :

Jan 00 XLT (V reg originally - has a private 666 plate on it now :fire: )
4.o EFi V6 SOHC Auto 4x4
UK car, my mum had it from 7 miles old - aahhh.
2 owners - my mum, then me - only names on the V5, so family car :D
62k miles
FFSH
ABS
4WD / Hi / Lo / etc
Aircon
Tilt and slide electric sunroof
Electric front seats
Cruise control on steering wheel
OEM double DIN CD/Tape/Radio
OEM 6 CD changer in boot
Rear audio controls and headset sockets
Power sockets in passenger footwell, front fascia and rear compartment
Two sets of OEM mats throughout
Rear cloth mat and rubber tray
Deep Wedgewood Blue body- few cratches here and there, but nothing that has gone down to metal or dented.
Dark Graphite Leather througout - pristine, no cracks no scratches, no creases.
"Platinum" colour coded bumpers front and back
"Platinum" colour coded wheel arches
"Platinum" colour coded running boards
Chromed Alloys
Towbar and electrics
Tonneau cover

I know, it sounds like I swallowed the brochure and that a lot of this is standard XLT or North face stuff, but I had the original brochure to hand when I put the list together ;)

Any help on cost or other items I should be pointing out would be appreciated.

Mozzer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would think that something like £7,500 would be a start but you might have to drop a bit.

What are you going to replace it with?

At least it is a lot better than the 14-16 MPG of a Range Rover 4.0

Howard Hi, I'm thinking about chopping the X and another car for a 220 CDI Merc C Class I have my eye on for £14k. Much less car but 50MPG !!!

If I don't get this one, at least I may be able to get the next if £7k is about right for 4 the X?

Would still be interested in LPG to keep the X, but...

M

Mozzer said:
I'm afraid that I just can't justify 17mpg anymore and the X has to go, I just need your thoughts on what sort of price I should sell it for.

Mozzer
Just to give you an idea I bought my 99 Northface with 58k on the clock last Sept and I paid £7900 ish , I guess the prices have fallen a bit since then so I guess £7000 Is a good start , but be prepared to drop it . Have a look on Ebay and do a search of completed listings to see what price they sold for on there (tend to be bottom end of the market )
Good luck
Edited to say there's a 99 T on there with 67K for £5200 'buy it now ' :eek:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=9844&item=4531650913&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW
Dave :thumbsup:

I think I am going to let it go for the PX price the pug dealer has given me which is £5500 - guts me cos I know if I waited I could probably get more, but there you go - can't wait as I've seen the car I want as its replacement.

Only other option is to buy the other car on a credit card and then pay the card back when I have sold the X, but this would only be worth doing if I can out the X for £7k or more and I don't really want it sat outside my house for long as we already have 4 cars - what do you think ?

Need to make a decision quickly cos I'm buying the other car tomorrow afternoon :eek:

ANYONE WANT A BARGAIN - ABSOLUTELY MINT CAR, MILEAGE AND SERVICING GUARANTEED - ALL CONCEIVABLE EXTRAS !!!???!!! ;)

Looks like you've made your mind up by now :D can't see you selling it for £7,000 with out it sitting around for a while :(

dont sell 40+ mpg

I live in the uk my self.I drive a 97 explorer 4lt and can not see my self driveing any thing else.my explorer is LPg converted and gives me 30 mpg around town and 45 on a run £ for £ aquivelent. i also use full synthetic oil and changed the spark plugs for pro platum plugs got better mpg and power with them. it is expensive to have it converted about £1600 but well worth it. hope this is a helpfull alterative to selling

Mozzer said:
snip
Jan 00 XLT (V reg originally - has a private 666 plate on it now :fire: )
Mozzer

Two countries separated by a common language.

If you don't mind my asking, what's a 666 plate? :fire:

Back