• Register Today It's free!

Selling price Q

NYEXPLOR1

Reaction score
City, State
Queens, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
whats a good selling price for a 97 xlt? it has 103K miles...8K i put on in highway miles...cloth interior...automatic....white exterior...clean body...good strong motor.
the bad...rear passenger door does not open from inside. tailgate is coming off hinge on driver side and not closing properly anymore. looks like rust has gotten to where the hinge bolts to the tailgate and is coming loose. and the transfer case, if that is the problem, is making that ratcheting sound. it still runs and drives.
i may end up selling this truck but i don't really know too much about them and don't want to price it too high. i got it for $4k 4 months ago.

My guess from what I see around here first is it 2wd or 4wd..

just from what you said i would have to guess somewhere around$2500 and $3500 depends on how it looks and just how bad the body is and lso the rear tail gate that you mentioned..

just my 2 cents..

I'd imagine lower thant hat actually. My truck's worth about $3k and its perfectish. I'd put that truck closer to $2k.

Ask $2500 and go down if you have to.

it's got the control trac 4wd. the only exterior problem is the tailgate. other than that its got a clean body. around, the tail gate from a jy is around $300. i may put it on ebay with a reserve around the price you guys mentioned and see what happens.

Back