Selling my Ex, i have some questions about price | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Selling my Ex, i have some questions about price

onecrazyfuq

Reaction score
City, State
Bethpage, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 xlt
I unfortunately am going to sell my ex, not that i want to but im getting an amazing deal on a vw jetta that would allow me to get a 08 jetta for $220 dollars insurance included. Sadly i do not want to payout for two cars so the explorer has to go. Now my question is what should i sell it for? I am returning back to stock for exception of upper and lower billet grille, stereo unit, fog lights, and possibly door speakers. It is a 95 explorer with a swapped out engine with approx 78,000 on it, and a rebuild transmission with 2,000 on it. The body itself has around 136,000. The car is in mint condition. It does not even have a scratch, i took better care of it, then most people take care of their own children. I have all the paperwork to prove it. What do you think is a good selling price, and lets be realistic. What should i start my price at and what should be the mid to lowest that i take. thanx again everyone -Anthony

Market value for edmunds.com say $1800 for market value on your 95 XLT, assuming its 4x4. If you are 2wd, market value is listed as being around $1600. The market sucks for SUVs nowadays.

I think you should shoot to get $2000. Maybe list it at $2200???? Is it 4 or 2 door?

My 97 with 170,000 miles is hopefully selling this week (i have a deposit from the guy) for $2200. And mine certainly has a few scratches and a huge dent on the door. People are going to be a little scared of a engine that is not original. Just my opinion. But if the truck is in really good shape that should help you out. From my experience, try to have it parked somewhere with a sign so people can see it in person. I first listed my truck on craigslist and the paper and on here, but all people see are a few pics and "170,000 miles..." When they see the good shape it was in once i parked it near a road with a lot of traffic, I started getting calls within the day, and I had a deposit from a guy within two days. He is just waiting on a check to clear so he can pay me cash. Good luck!

Back