• Register Today It's free!

price for selling 97 explorer

skoal_mint

Reaction score
City, State
Geraldton ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 explorer sport 4.0
iv got a 97 explorer sport and im thinking of selling it because i need a truck more then anything

i really want to find a person who would do a trade but its not looking that way.so now i think i got to sell it then buy a truck.

what would you guys price my truck at or the price for a explorer sport..

its in excelent con. no scraches,dents...i did paint the wheel wells because paint was chipping...the only thing that needs a fixing is the cv shafts

i bought it from my mechanic for 10 000, it has 140 000k on it.

i tried looking for sites to get a average price but im canadian and kellys blue book is only for the US

trucka.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

oh wit, their is little scraches...where my cb cable goes on the roof, it would flap in the wind and now i got a place where their is little white scraches

Let's put it this way, the going rate for loaded Sports (SOHC engine etc.), 2000 model year with much lower km on it was between $9000-$10,000 when I was in the market back in November. Your '97 looks pretty entry level (doesn't have the Sport appearance package which had the step bars, 16" wheels and other toys). I would guess it's worth $4,000-$5,000 CAD tops. The market for SUVs isn't as hot as it once was with high gas prices.

Try Autotrader.ca. I did a quick search and found more loaded Explorers for around this price. Keep in mind, those asking prices always get dickered downwards. I'd ask $5,000 and jump at any reasonable offer you get as close to that. If someone offers $5,000. Take the money and run.

k thanks...i'll be damn sure i dont get rips on this one..i solde my 97 ranger in the summer for 2k..i was talking to my teacher also a mechanic and i told him i sold it 2k and he laughed...he thought i was kidding...he's like "damn boy, your gave it away "

i found this site, vmrcanada and that say about 5650-7050...i im going about 6500...pluse it has my stereo

skoal_mint said:
i found this site, vmrcanada and that say about 5650-7050...i im going about 6500...pluse it has my stereo

$6500 is a LOT for that Explorer. As mentioned, that Ex is entry level. You shouldn't factor in stereo either. Most buyers won't put a premium on aftermarket stereo either. In any event, good luck.

ok thanks again...i'll probly start around 6 somthing then i'll knock off a bit if a buyer askes for a deal

When you to get your seller package at the motor vehicle branch it will have "all" the information that you need to "establish" a price both the wholesale price and "market price" are given .... for "tax purposes" and also to help both the buyer and seller.

Back