Sensor question

1996B4000

Reaction score
City, State
Heathsville VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 B4000 LE
1996 B4000.

I know there are two O2 sensors in the exhaust line -- one in front of the cat converter, one after the converter.

Are there other O2 sensors that can throw a CEL code -- specifically P1151?

I see on Rock Auto there are upstream and downstream sensors and assume they are different, not interchangeable?

Thanks.

(I'm an old guy -- 78 -- who learned his auto mechanics on original VW Bugs . . . you know, back when men were men, when cars had carburetors, and you could rebuild the engine with the tools that came with the Bug.)

1996 B4000.

I know there are two O2 sensors in the exhaust line -- one in front of the cat converter, one after the converter.

Are there other O2 sensors that can throw a CEL code -- specifically P1151?

I see on Rock Auto there are upstream and downstream sensors and assume they are different, not interchangeable?

Thanks.

(I'm an old guy -- 78 -- who learned his auto mechanics on original VW Bugs . . . you know, back when men were men, when cars had carburetors, and you could rebuild the engine with the tools that came with the Bug.)
1151 is the upstream sensor. yes the two are different. sine you have 2 banks, there should be 4 sensors, but certain ones seem to have 3, 2 upstream one after the y pipe one the two banks merge. hope this helps

Back