Shackles question | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shackles question

Bapster

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Ford Explorer XLT
Hi all,

I have a 99 explorer xlt and I'm wanting to give it a 2" lift. I did alot of research on here as to what parts etc you guys recommend for 2" lifts and more. I saw that you guys recommend the Warrior 153 shackles, my question is, are they available in canada or am I stuck having to go the ebay or amazon route? I called a few spring places today and they never heard of the warrior brand before, maybe it's a usa thing I don't know? I'd like to get them kind of quickly without having to wait til the end of the month to receive them cuz of shipping etc. Is there a comparable canadian brand to warrior? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, thanks guys :)

- B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

make a set, it's easy,,

Attachments

• warrior dimension.jpg
    warrior dimension.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 178

you can just make the sides even, lots of guys have done it, and they work fine,,

i made my own out of angle steel no cross brace, they work excellent,

you can just make the sides even, lots of guys have done it, and they work fine,,

i made my own out of angle steel no cross brace, they work excellent,

ok I'll look into that...any other ideas from anybody for us canadians? :)

Part source can special order Warriors for about $130.
If they tell you they can't, tell them they're bsing, cause they can. They're just too lazy to look it up in their supplier list.

Hey Bapster
i am a Canadian too ,, i live in Ontario,, lol

i also had an issue ordering them, so i made them,

Part source can special order Warriors for about $130.
If they tell you they can't, tell them they're bsing, cause they can. They're just too lazy to look it up in their supplier list.

I actually called Part source as we deal with them at work as one of our suppliers, so I will call them again tomorrow and talk to the manager, as he knows me a little bit. When I called the other day, the guy told me all he could see listed was the ones from "Dorman" brand.

I actually called Part source as we deal with them at work as one of our suppliers, so I will call them again tomorrow and talk to the manager, as he knows me a little bit. When I called the other day, the guy told me all he could see listed was the ones from "Dorman" brand.

Yup, I had the same problem.
But the other day I was looking for leaf spring clips at Part Source and the guy pulled up warrior shackles..

Yup, I had the same problem.
But the other day I was looking for leaf spring clips at Part Source and the guy pulled up warrior shackles..

Oh really? very interesting, thank you very much, good to know :):thumbsup:

No problem, good luck.

Back