shift solenoid 2 and shift solenoid 3 it is a 4r44e transmisson | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

shift solenoid 2 and shift solenoid 3 it is a 4r44e transmisson

Reaction score
City, State
Delbarton west virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 ford ranger
I just had my transmission rebuilt which is a 4r44e but he didn't change the solenoids i had it put on a computer and those 2 are bad i know how to change them but don't know which ones are 2 and 3 can somebody please help

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

attachment.php

Thanks for the pic it was very helpful i changed them it helped a lil but the plug for the epc solenoid isn't pluged in all the way i tried to plug it all the way in but it wasn't going and i wasn't forsure if it was actually like that but my truck won't shift at all now it pulls out in all the gears but it won't shift could this be the problem where the epc solenoid isn't pluged all the way in???

ok i pluged the wire competely in but now it won't shift it pulls out great and like when i downshift u can feel it go down a gear but when u shift up u can't feel it kick in or anything could u tell me what my problem could be now

I just had my truck put on the computer it says solenoid 1,2,and 3 is stuck could that be the wire harness shorting out or something?

What was the powertrain code you pulled? That will help me a lot.

Am not sure what the code was the guy didn't tell me but he told me the solenoid 1,2,and 3 was stuck.
But when i changed the solenoid the other day the wire harness was bad could that be the problem just by a guess could the wires be shorting out or something and not gettin power to the soloenoids

I just got the wire harness in i know how to hook all the connections up just the main one can u explain or send me a pic how to

ok i found out how to install the harness but i had it put back on the computer and it is saying the solenoids is gettin stuck here is the codes
po751
po755
po756
po761
could somebody tell me why they are getting stuck

Ok i'll do that but if the codes isn't erased would it still affect my transmission because when i go to pull out it won't shift into 2nd unless i let my foot of the gas and it changes and then it won't shift into od which is about 60 or 65mph

Ok i got all the codes erased on my truck and it is still doing the same thing which is i have to let off the gas to let it change into 2nd and it won't change gears when i hit 65 or 70 what else could be making it do that?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back