shock extension

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Hey I was at advanced auto the other day looking for add-a leafs (just curious) and near their shackles and lift blocks I saw a package of like 2" shock extensions. Has anyone seen these, used them? I'm going to be doing a spacer/add-a-leaf lift soon and just wondering since I would prefer my shocks not bottoming out all the time. I'm just wondering if anyone has any comments on them...oh and if I were to either use them or new shocks of the proper length would I need to extend my brake lines? I probalby won't be disconection my front sway bar. Anyway if anyone has any comments i'm interested in hearing them.

Later
CP

Some people here use them and like them.

You shouldn't need to mess with your brake lines with a short lift.

Alec are you sure? I think he is refering to the stud type shock extenders, I have heard from many people NOT to use these, they are not reliable........but then I have never tried so......

The best thing to do is always use the right length shock....there are aftermarket shock extenders that are not weak threaded studs like those........

That's what I thought I wasn't sure though since i've never seen them before. I'm planning on replacing the shocks anyway since they are on their last legs I was just curious. THanks!

Later
Cp

Back