• Register Today It's free!

Shock Recommendations

Rage1973

Reaction score
City, State
Yuba City, California
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
I have 98 Sport 2wd and the things rides extremely rough. I tired the edlebrock shocks when I was stationed in Germany they weren't to bad. But I think that I am going to replace them again. Anyone have a good recommendations for shocks that will improve the ride. Thanks in advance!!

Jeremy

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just threw some sensa tracs on, they ride pretty good and they aren't expensive either.

I have 98 Sport 2wd and the things rides extremely rough. I tired the edlebrock shocks when I was stationed in Germany they weren't to bad. But I think that I am going to replace them again. Anyone have a good recommendations for shocks that will improve the ride. Thanks in advance!!

Jeremy

Depends, do you want a soft or firm ride? Do you tow anything or off road? If it's just highway driving, Monroe Reflex are an affordable replacement. If you are looking for more performance then the Bilstein Heavy Duty's are a great, durable shock that will last.

Depends, do you want a soft or firm ride? Do you tow anything or off road? If it's just highway driving, Monroe Reflex are an affordable replacement. If you are looking for more performance then the Bilstein Heavy Duty's are a great, durable shock that will last.

I used the Reflex on my old '00 Sport, and while the ride was improved over stock, I found them to be a bit stiff/harsh at times. I was told the Sensa Trac would have been a bit more "cushy". In retrospect, I should have got them and saved a few $$$ in the process.

That all being said, when I traded in my Sport on my current ride ('99 EB), I went with the Bilstein and have no regrets. They're firm, but plush at the same time if that makes sense. I'm pushing 4 years now and they're living up to their "hype". Definitely a worthy upgrade. :thumbsup:

I used the Reflex on my old '00 Sport, and while the ride was improved over stock, I found them to be a bit stiff/harsh at times. I was told the Sensa Trac would have been a bit more "cushy". In retrospect, I should have got them and saved a few $$$ in the process.

That all being said, when I traded in my Sport on my current ride ('99 EB), I went with the Bilstein and have no regrets. They're firm, but plush at the same time if that makes sense. I'm pushing 4 years now and they're living up to their "hype". Definitely a worthy upgrade. :thumbsup:

Thanks!! I think that I will give the Bisteins a shot.

Back