• Register Today It's free!

Ricardo Hincapie

Reaction score
City, State
Colombia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2005 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Hello every one.
Currently i have a 2005 V8 Eddie Bauer Explorer. I want to change shocks absorvers, but, here, on Medellín-Colombia, is very very difficoult to find a good part for this truck. At this moment i import from Usa, and for rear wheels, Rancho Rs 5822, but forfront, rancho haven´t. The truck was lifted 1" just for light off road use.
I recently change the original shocks, for Monrroe, but, it was a mess, they last 4000kmts in on road conditions, so, i don´t recomended this brand at all.
I was looking for internet and, i see a Bilstein Brand, but, thi Brand is not available for the Eddie Bauer, but yes for the Sport track. On the web page of Ford Parts, the shocks for front, for the Sport Track and the Eddie, has the same number, but.....really are the same? can i buy the part of a Sport Track and install on mine?

I would not use anything but KYB or Rancho for off-road.

I believe RockAuto offers international shipping.

Front part number for Rancho is RS999904 for the complete assembly with spring.
Front part number for KYB is SR4082 for the complete assembly with spring.
Front part number for KYB is 341419 for the strut only without the spring.

TechGuru. Thanks a lot. I finally decide Front for Oem Ford, and back part, Rancho. At this time, in back, the problem was fix with, those are very very good. Im´wating for the front that are on the way.

TechGuru. Thanks a lot. I finally decide Front for Oem Ford, and back part, Rancho. At this time, in back, the problem was fix with, those are very very good. Im´wating for the front that are on the way.

If using any Rancho I would use all Rancho because the Rancho changes the ride height. Putting Rancho only in the rear will actually increase the factory rake angle.

Back