Steeda vs Bilstein shocks and struts | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Steeda vs Bilstein shocks and struts

You guys have to let me know how the Bilstien feel. I had to replace my rears with the Monroe and Im not sure I am a fan..

I got my Bilstein b6 struts a couple of weeks ago, I had my H&R springs for almost 6 months debating and then waiting on the struts, I first ordered them through Steeda.com they told me it was on backorder it would take almost 3 months so I cancelled them, a few days later I found 4wheelparts.com had them for sale at $100 or so per, I jumped on that, it still took just as long, but it was worth the wait not just for the price but also for how good they are when I'm turning no body roll what so ever with the H&R springs and the thicker rear Steeda sway bar set to medium, although the bumps are more noticeable, I'm still debating on getting the b6 shocks, installed the springs and struts myself, had to take my car to get it aligned though.

You guys have to let me know how the Bilstien feel. I had to replace my rears with the Monroe and Im not sure I am a fan..

Finally got them in after waiting 10 months.

Well worth the wait. On a sweeping turn I drive on every day on the way home from work, the stock struts seemed to not have enough compression and felt as though they were slow to rebound. The Ex felt really bouncy and more unsettled than anything. The B6s took care of this. Feels much more controlled now and quick to respond to road changes and bumps/dips in the roadway.

I have my rear bar set to the stiffest setting. Initially had it on max, went to medium but felt that it changed the handling for the worse. Ride quality seemed to suffer and felt more bouncy. Also experienced slightly more body roll than before. Switched it back to max the next day.

Back