• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

• We are aware of the issue with our internal search engine and we will be bringing it back online shortly. For now please use the Google search bar near the top of each page. Thanks, Rick
^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Steeda vs Bilstein shocks and struts

Pwerdbybeard

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Northern California - Bay Area
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 - Explorer Ltd AWD
You guys have to let me know how the Bilstien feel. I had to replace my rears with the Monroe and Im not sure I am a fan..

KROTOS1970

Reaction score
City, State
Wichita, KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018, EXPLORER XLT FWD NA
I got my Bilstein b6 struts a couple of weeks ago, I had my H&R springs for almost 6 months debating and then waiting on the struts, I first ordered them through Steeda.com they told me it was on backorder it would take almost 3 months so I cancelled them, a few days later I found 4wheelparts.com had them for sale at $100 or so per, I jumped on that, it still took just as long, but it was worth the wait not just for the price but also for how good they are when I'm turning no body roll what so ever with the H&R springs and the thicker rear Steeda sway bar set to medium, although the bumps are more noticeable, I'm still debating on getting the b6 shocks, installed the springs and struts myself, had to take my car to get it aligned though.

san~man

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Sport
You guys have to let me know how the Bilstien feel. I had to replace my rears with the Monroe and Im not sure I am a fan..
Finally got them in after waiting 10 months.

Well worth the wait. On a sweeping turn I drive on every day on the way home from work, the stock struts seemed to not have enough compression and felt as though they were slow to rebound. The Ex felt really bouncy and more unsettled than anything. The B6s took care of this. Feels much more controlled now and quick to respond to road changes and bumps/dips in the roadway.

I have my rear bar set to the stiffest setting. Initially had it on max, went to medium but felt that it changed the handling for the worse. Ride quality seemed to suffer and felt more bouncy. Also experienced slightly more body roll than before. Switched it back to max the next day.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Steeda springs (555 8202) vs Sport explorer springs (DB5Z-5310-K) in my XLT with B6 install Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
M Install: Steeda Toe Links and Trailing Arms Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 2
QuietStorm17 Installed Steeda Sway Bar, Trailing arms and Adjustable Toe Links Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 4
TJ@Steeda Steeda New Product Release: Steeda F-150/Explorer Pro-Flow Blow-Off Valve Adapter (2011-2019) Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
TJ@Steeda Now Available: Steeda Explorer Adjustable Toe Links Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 10
F Steeda trailing arms and sway bar Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 15
U STEEDA Sway Bar Installed!! Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 32
1 Bilstein Ride Height Adjustable Shocks Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 0
G Bilstein shocks for 2014 Explorer sport Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 5
X Shocks Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 1
P Finally..shocks/sturts/lowering springs Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 7
V 2012 XTL base model 4x4 shocks? Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 3
W Offroad shocks and lift kit Modified 2011- 2019 Explorers - Tuning & Mods 12