Should work on my 2019 in Forscan? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Should work on my 2019 in Forscan?

Toddman41

Reaction score
City, State
Herculaneum, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019, Explorer Limited
Found my old MX dongle I used on my 2012 and 2016 F150. Will it also work on my 19 explorer to make changes with my laptop or smart phone in Forscan? Tia

20210123_165412.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would like to add temp display on right side of gauge display.

Is it only Bluetooth or does it have a cord too?

Only buetooth.

Not sure it will work. Maybe someone else can chime in.

When trying to change values in forscan it pops up need extended license on my laptop. Not sure if thats a extra charge or what. Thats when I stopped.

I believe I need to register for a account on the forscan forum for a extended license?

Yes you do. You can do a free 2 month trial. Make sure you have the latest version.

I just registered for a account, waiting for activation now.

It’s usually quick.

Found my old MX dongle I used on my 2012 and 2016 F150. Will it also work on my 19 explorer to make changes with my laptop or smart phone in Forscan? Tia

View attachment 326894
If you are not familiar with forscan be careful.... don't let that genie out of the bottle....

Got activated and a 2 month license

What are some good changes to make?

Check out that FORScan thread. There is a lot of good stuff in there.

I have made many.

Bluetooth is just a 1:1 substitute for a wired cable. It dose the same thing - a way of communicating vehicle data to and from an external test system or device. Also, that is an OBDII adapter and is not unique to Ford. It will work on any OBDII vehicle as long as you have a software program in your laptop that does ODBII communications. Most of those programs can handle the generic ODBII comms for any vehicle make but Forscan also gives you access to the Ford-unique/propriety stuff because it is designed/programmed to do that. Similar programs do the same for other makes and you can install multiple makes/programs on your laptop. Some makes deviate from the generic ODBII connection by using some of the unused pins in order to support functions unique to their brand but they all support the standard functions that use the standard pins. I suspect that a generic Bluetooth adapter would not suffice for those vehicle makes, except to just access their standard data content.

Back