Side Mirror Sequential Turn Signal LED Lamps | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Side Mirror Sequential Turn Signal LED Lamps

Maybe a dumb question…the power mirrors don’t fold out like that video do they?

Don’t want to find out the hard way.

edit - I meant the power folding mirrors.

They do not. Infact my glass kept popping back ON if I move the mirror too far as it jerks back into position. You can get it moved enough to get 2 small closed end wrenches in there and work your way around. I started at top then worked to each corner. Keep pressure on the glass slightly to keep it from popping back on. Once u got 3 corners done u can pop it off by hand.

They do not. Infact my glass kept popping back ON if I move the mirror too far as it jerks back into position. You can get it moved enough to get 2 small closed end wrenches in there and work your way around. I started at top then worked to each corner. Keep pressure on the glass slightly to keep it from popping back on. Once u got 3 corners done u can pop it off by hand.
Thanks. They are out for delivery and I might try tonight...

There is some kind track that prevents the power mirror from moving too far and will realign itself

They arrived today and I think before the Amazon truck left my driveway I was already opening the box.

It was misty out, but I installed them anyway.

I started with the passenger side first. I was nervous prying those tabs. I ended up using a flat head screwdriver to pop 2 of the 8 off, then pried 2 more off and pulled the mirror off. I tried to get the old light out with just taking out the one screw but it didn't come out. So I took all four screws out. I did not unplug the mirror, so I just laid it on top with that bezel part.

It was pretty easy to get the old one out and the new one in. The driver's side was harder to get to the clips for some reason, but I got them off.

I am impressed. They look awesome.

I did notice that when you unlock it, all the lights work. Then when you lock the last section stays off. For the life of me I couldn't put my head around why the passenger side was longer. When I took them out of the box I thought they were going back because they weren't the same size. But I held them to each side and they were matching. I did use the screwdriver they provided, but the pry tool didn't help at all.

I am glad that I got them.

Back