Side Mirror .. Trim?

White_XLT

Reaction score
City, State
North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT
Hi All,

My wife and I just picked up a 2017 XLT. This is our first Explorer, coming from a Toyota. So far, it's been fantastic. A few days ago, I attempted to fold in the driver's side mirror and felt resistance. I noticed the trim was sticking out closes to the car. Upon further investigation, I found that the tab is broken. Does anyone know where I can find the attached replacement piece? I've searched all over the web, but can't seem to find this exact piece. Hoping to avoid replacing the whole mirror, if possible!!

Thanks!

Attachments

• explorersidemirror.png
    explorersidemirror.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 63

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
I'm not sure what exactly you need. Is it the entire piece in the picture? This site is a handy one to bookmark and use;

Peter

Thanks for the link, Peter. I’ve attached a picture of my mirror. As you can see, the black bezel that surrounds the actual glass is sticking out close to the door. It had a small clip on it, but it broke off. I was hoping to just replace the bezel that surrounds the glass.
BBB62CA6-4CC4-4862-9C9D-CEC35261E792.jpeg

Thanks. Have never seen that before. Is there any way that it can be glued back in place? Might be worth a try first. You would probably have to clamp it for a while after applying a glue (Gorilla?).

Peter

Hi All,

My wife and I just picked up a 2017 XLT. This is our first Explorer, coming from a Toyota. So far, it's been fantastic. A few days ago, I attempted to fold in the driver's side mirror and felt resistance. I noticed the trim was sticking out closes to the car. Upon further investigation, I found that the tab is broken. Does anyone know where I can find the attached replacement piece? I've searched all over the web, but can't seem to find this exact piece. Hoping to avoid replacing the whole mirror, if possible!!

Thanks!
Is there a PN just for this part (shown in your picture)?

Back