Sideview mirror removal | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sideview mirror removal

DMacLennan14

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Eddie Bauer
i am working on an led project for some turn signals on my mirrors and i need to take the glass out of my mirrors, just leaving the black plastic on there. does anyone know how to get that out? is it as easy as just pulling it off? possibly held in by a few clips? any help is greatly appreciated.

I can not believe that in 4 years no one else has asked about this. I am a fire department chaplain and I want to mount what is normally a hideway dome shape fixture that comes with a bezel to make it look surface mount but the globe and wiring need to be inside. I want to put them on the mirror so I get light forward and obliquly for intersections. We are a combination department, 8 stations manned 24/7 with over 200 pros and some fill in volunteers. I respond all over the county and use my own vehicle, 2003 Explorer. I am reworking lights and electronics and when I finish I will post pics. I am building a radio console to mount on top of the existing one, adding an overhear console for sunglasses storage and map light. I got the folks @ Lowes home improvement to scann a pice of headliner material and a piece of plastic from the console and they mixed semigloss exterior paint samples for me and they matched them perfectly. Look like factory finish.

Back