Silver Lake runs this spring (Michigan or anyone close read this!) | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Silver Lake runs this spring (Michigan or anyone close read this!)

I called Comfort Inn. I am booked for Sat. night. Now I just need to figure how to get there. I will be coming up Sat. morning to meet at the college 95xlt. I am brining a gas grill if we cook out. I think that sums it all up, all these plans are counting on I get my trans repaired.

Eric

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Originally posted by 95XLT

If anyone does miss out and not get a room there or if someone wants me to see if I can find a cheaper place let me know. That Best Western is just the closets one i know of because I always go past it on the way to and from school.
Anyway have a great day!

I figured if theres a wedding in town...there should be plenty of bridesmaids!!!!:D :D :D

Originally posted by mac66
For those interested, try the Comfort Inn in Hart. $59/night which includes a continental breakfast. It is about 7 miles from the dunes on US 31. 30 miles north of Muskegon. It is at the Mears exit you take to go to the dunes.

I am booked there for both Friday and Saturday nights.

Number is 1-800-4CHOICE (424-6423)
Sounds good. I will let the guys who are staying up by the dunes know what time the caravan will arrive up there. We might be stopping by a McD's in Muskegon in the morning if we want to. the F150 group is all stopping there for some grub and they said we could join them there if we wanted to take over the McD's and surround it with ford trucks.

Originally posted by 95XLT

Sounds good. I will let the guys who are staying up by the dunes know what time the caravan will arrive up there. We might be stopping by a McD's in Muskegon in the morning if we want to. the F150 group is all stopping there for some grub and they said we could join them there if we wanted to take over the McD's and surround it with ford trucks.

Sounds great to me!!!

FORD COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!!

How many have CB's in your trucks?

On April 4th I'm going to take a drive up to the dunes to scope it all out. See how the noise testing goes, get my stickers and stuff and check out lodging/food around the dunes for anyone interested. I might wheel for a couple hours also, but nothing major since the attendance will be low and if i get stuck I want to be sure i'll get a tow out..lol:bounce:

OK- 95xlt I have a CB
SSIKORA -when are you leaving on Fri. maybe we could meet up, You are staying in Grand rapids,not near the dunes?
mac66-Is there a place for a drink nearby if I decide to go up to the dunes?

I won't have the lift installed by then :(. A bunch of the parts are unfortunately backordered, I'll still be there, just hope to have osme other mods completed by then.

Originally posted by toad
OK- 95xlt I have a CB
SSIKORA -when are you leaving on Fri. maybe we could meet up, You are staying in Grand rapids,not near the dunes?
mac66-Is there a place for a drink nearby if I decide to go up to the dunes?

I haven't quite figured what time yet...maybe like 5:00pm or so. I figured I would stay there because...it's closest to Travis' school which is where I am going to meet up.

I am probably going up during the day on Friday. There is an off road place in town with a 4'" BDS lift I want to look at for my Bronco. Thought I would scope out the place, get my tags etc.

Toad, I don't know about a place to drink but I'm sure there must be someplace close by. If memory serves me right the hotel is right at the exit eveyone will be getting off US31 to go to the dunes. I believe is the Mears/Silver Lake exit.

Big E-If you come up the 95xlt you will go right by the hotel. See above.

Also, I have a CB in my truck, handle will be Mac66, just to keep things simple.

PS-Looking at the F150 site, they have about 40 trucks going. Should really be a happening! Oh, and apparently they are staying at the Holiday Inn in Holland.

I will find the hotels and scope it all out thursday when I go. I will get everyone maps who is staying in that area. I could scope out a bar or two also :).

For the people staying down here in Grand Rapids, there is sure a bunch of bars. i have been to one downtown and it was a pretty cool place. it's about 10-15 mins from my school.

Well guys, its been a long time. Long story short, the explorer is gone, and the cherokee is sittin in my driveway. But never the less, I'm interested in comming on this outting with ya'll. I'll keep an eye on this post (though I admit I have not read all 10 pages of it). I'm not a for sure yet, but I'm deffinatly interested.

thanks,
Jeff aka Lamah

Looks like I'm gonna be at the Grandville Best Western Swimming with the Bridesmaids all by myself....wait...that isn't so bad.

Originally posted by SSIKORA
Looks like I'm gonna be at the Grandville Best Western Swimming with the Bridesmaids all by myself....wait...that isn't so bad.

LOL...heck I'll come hang out with you guys too!

Ok, I made the spreadsheet. I just need to find out how to post it so everyone can see it. I think I need to post it in someone's webspace and then link everyone. I'll try to work it out.

dunes

Are you guys planning on meeting anywhere on or at the dunes? I have been going there for the past 3 years, and I loe it. I am going to be there that weekend with about 6 other rigs and several quads. I would love to meet up and chat with some X owners. Let me know if you plan on a meeting spot.

Not to be a smart ass. But if you see any raised, loud, big tires, fog lights you can be sure you have found someone off this board.

:D :D

Eric

Alright Im staying at either the bestwestern in grandville on friday night, or i'm staying somewhere else in grand rapids

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: dunes

Originally posted by TraiLBLazEr
Are you guys planning on meeting anywhere on or at the dunes? I have been going there for the past 3 years, and I loe it. I am going to be there that weekend with about 6 other rigs and several quads. I would love to meet up and chat with some X owners. Let me know if you plan on a meeting spot.
I don;t think you can miss us...lol....there are 25 or so explorer signed up so far, plus the F150 group has 30+ trucks coming that day also. We should arrive up there around 10:30 or so I'd guess...it'd be nice to meet up.

Back