Simple Alarm Install...Not So Simple. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Simple Alarm Install...Not So Simple.

Ok, so my '98 Explorer was broken into a few weeks back. They stole my radio (No face plate on it) and trashed the inside. I knew it was time to buy an alarm.
So, I have my father install it, because he's is pretty good with cars electronics. Took one day to install. Everything worked! Awesome. He took my car yesterday to install a second siren so it would be louder. Thats fine with me!
He takes it, accidentally taps the wrong wire agaist another wire and burns out the alarm box....and somehow ruins the factory car horn as well. Checked all relay's and fuses, all are good.
So, a simple install goes from good to bad in a single day. Thanks dad!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

People make mistakes unfortunately... Can't really blame him though if you asked him to do it for you. You know the old saying, "if you want something done right..."

People make mistakes unfortunately... Can't really blame him though if you asked him to do it for you. You know the old saying, "if you want something done right..."

Yeah. Of course at first I was pretty pissed. But he said he'd pay for everything to get fixed/replaced.

Sounds like it'll work out, just a little slower than you had planned. If it gets fixed, no harm no foul. Good luck :thumbsup:

Well, accidents do happen, even with the best of us. Trust me, some mistakes can be a lot more expensive than that. Though, I've got to wonder how the horn got fried... those are usually behind a relay.

You should thank your dad for taking his time to help you out. Not bagging on him for a mistake. It will all work out.

I had to remind my son of that today... they don't always understand, but being a father is an obligation, being a dad is voluntary. Make sense? :)

You should thank your dad for taking his time to help you out. Not bagging on him for a mistake. It will all work out.

Didnt bag on him in the post, stating the install went bad.

Anyway, relays were replaces, there was one in the alarm box also that was replaced. All seems to be working well now.

It's the "Thanks Dad!" at the end that looks harsh... but you know your dad, so it's aaaallll good! :)

Back