Sirius radio question | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius radio question

"I have an additional Sirius question:

Just got my new company vehicle - 2011 Explorer Base model - and was excited to see that it has the Sirius controls in the factory radio. However, it appears that I am missing the Sirius tuner to be able to activate it.

Does anyone know where I can find the Sirius tuner? I do not want to buy a separate unit and would like to run everything through my factory controls. I have checked the Ford website and it does not appear on there. Is it even available yet?"

I have this same question and haven't seen anyone be able to answer it yet. Dealer has no clue and Sirius customer service says to contact the dealer. Banging my head against the wall.

Bulldog I have the same issue... Have you found anything new? Sirius button... Complimentary subscription in vehicle documentation... and "see dealer message" on radio...

F

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bulldog I have the same issue... Have you found anything new? Sirius button... Complimentary subscription in vehicle documentation... and "see dealer message" on radio...

F
Your info in the left column doesn't state what model you have so I assume it is also the Base model. Sirius/XM was an option on the base and not standard equipment. I believe that the vehicle had to be ordered with that option to get the Sirius/XM subscription. All models likely come with the same buttons to save cost. I suggest you send Rebecca (FordIVTteam) a private message and ask her about this issue. You could also sent one to Cory (FordCustSrvc) but I would think this would be associated more with Rebecca's group.

Peter

Your info in the left column doesn't state what model you have so I assume it is also the Base model. Sirius/XM was an option on the base and not standard equipment. I believe that the vehicle had to be ordered with that option to get the Sirius/XM subscription. All models likely come with the same buttons to save cost. I suggest you send Rebecca (FordIVTteam) a private message and ask her about this issue. You could also sent one to Cory (FordCustSrvc) but I would think this would be associated more with Rebecca's group.

Peter

Thanks for your reply Peter... Fixed the left column info ;)
Yes, it's a base model... and this specific car is an Export model located in the Hot and Sunny Caribbean, which could explain why it was not included... I was thinking maybe the Sirius tuner would be software based but it makes sense in the new global economy to save cost by using the same face plate and not add a chip for it... In this island, Sirius works great.
I will try Rebecca and see what I find out.

Anybody get a good deal on a renewal lately?

Anybody get a good deal on a renewal lately?
A month ago I received a renewal notice via email for my subscription which was due to expire Sept. 14th. It was for around $163 + taxes and fees which would have brought it to about $190.
I asked why some U.S. customers were able to get it for $77 and was told there were different costs. I then told them that I wanted the auto renewal removed from my account. I told them it was just too expensive for what I wanted. I was then asked if I would renew if I could get it for $75 + tax and fees which would have brought it to about $98. While I was thinking about it, she said if I renewed that day she could give it to me for $67.71 (CDN) with ALL fees and tax included. I signed up right then and there.
Saved about $120 in 5 minutes. It also included Internet access/listening.

Peter

A month ago I received a renewal notice via email for my subscription which was due to expire Sept. 14th. It was for around $163 + taxes and fees which would have brought it to about $190.
I asked why some U.S. customers were able to get it for $77 and was told there were different costs. I then told them that I wanted the auto renewal removed from my account. I told them it was just too expensive for what I wanted. I was then asked if I would renew if I could get it for $75 + tax and fees which would have brought it to about $98. While I was thinking about it, she said if I renewed that day she could give it to me for $67.71 (CDN) with ALL fees and tax included. I signed up right then and there.
Saved about $120 in 5 minutes. It also included Internet access/listening.

Peter

Thanks Peter, I will try to get a deal like that in December when my six month trial is over

Back