• Register Today It's free!

Satellite Radio-Recommendations?

X01Sport

Reaction score
City, State
Stewartstown, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I'm considering adding a satellite radio to my '01 Sport with the factory 6 disc CD. Do you recommend the XM or Sirius systems? Which tuner/receiver would fit the Sport best or gives the best reception? Do the units that transmit the signal to your radio thru preset stations work ok? Any help or information would be appreciated.
:)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Walmart and Sears carry a Pioneet XM one that is FM Modulated. And comes with a little display like an add on CD changer And you have to purchase the antenna. I don't know how good it is, but its the cheapest I've found @ $100.

I'm using XM and I love it... If you don't mind a tuner on your dash or whereever you want to put it I'd recomend the Delphi SkiFi unit... It isn't the prettiest, but its the most versitle... You can take it out and hook it to your home system, there is a boom box they sell for you to drop it in too... So you pay one subscription and take this thing whereever you want!!!

i have the skifi and love it.
word is XM is coming out with another tuner. smaller then the skyfi and doesnt use a cradle. has changable faceplates and much more. cheaper total cost then the skyfi too.

Definately gowith XM.

I have the SkiFi and it performs perfectly. I feed it directly to l ine in on my JVC HU.

I rarely ever listen to CD, MP3 or radio any more....

I have Sirius and Love it! Sirius has 3 Satllights and they are a lot higher in the sky so there is less drop outs. Also the data is less compressed so it has a more clear sound. The single monthly charge is more. But is you sign up for a year you get 13 months for the price of 11. So you get the price down to the same as XM and they allow you to pay for it by month, quarter, half year or a year at a time. I went ahead and paid for a year. I hate a monthly charge. Also with Sirius you get to listen to all the channels for free with you subscription over high speed internet. I have my computer wired to my Surround System at home so I can listen to it at home to with out another antenna or anything real special. Just my opionon and experience.

The REAL answer is that sateliteradioKICKS ASS andis wellworth having.

here is a pic of the yet to be released new xm tuner
roady.jpg

xmradio fan site. www.xmfan.com

XM is awesome... I wish I knew more about Sirius. From what I've researched, Sirius gives you commercial-free music streams, but not as many music streams as XM has. So far, from just channel lists, I like the Sirius channels better. Sirius also gives you better signal, with higher-elevation satellites for a better view. BUT...XM is still $3 a month cheaper, and if you want another XM tuner, say seperate car, home, office tuners, etc, they will only cost $7 a month each. The new Kenwood Plug 'n Play Sirius tuner is really slick, as is XM's Delphi Skyfi which I also love. I want to learn more about that new Roady! Silenze, where did you find out about it?

Back