• Register Today It's free!

size of front spindle nut

yellowcat

Reaction score
City, State
las cruces new mexico
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 4x4
I do not have a socket, or pair of big channels. maybe autozone will loan the tool to tighten the nut that holds on the front rotor. Anyone know the size of the nut?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

no but they do sell it at auto zone it will cost about 15bucks and just ask for the 4wd spindle nut socket and they will show u were it is

...Here is a link to the sockets...It is from the "How to" in my signature...;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1957153&postcount=2

..It shows the socket for the auto hubs as well as for the manual hubs...The one for the manual hubs can be found at Autozone, usually in the hand tools section...It will say it's for a 93-94 Ford Explorer 4x4...:thumbsup:

loose spindle

I do not have a socket, or pair of big channels. maybe autozone will loan the tool to tighten the nut that holds on the front rotor. Anyone know the size of the nut?
ive had my explorer 6 months and i and i installed new brakes and the spindles were loose and i had to tighten them then the locknut and later on when i installed new shocks they were loose again and had to retighten them
....why do they work loose anyway...the bearings and axles all seem to be good and are they supposed to be torqued

...gunzmith, do you have a 4x2 or 4x4 with auto or manual hubs???...When you ask a question, it helps to have some info on your vehicle for all to reply correctly..:scratch:

...If you have manual hubs, this may answer your questions..;)
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199915

Back