• Register Today It's free!

Slave cylinders and clutches

leetek

Reaction score
City, State
NorthEast Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
94 XLT
Who seems to make the best slave cylinder and clutch parts for my 94 XLT 4x4.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Thanks, one of my main concerns is the slave cylinder since they have always been a problem

From what others and myself have seen, most of the clutch you find on the market are made by Luk - no matter what label is on the box.

This is a pressure plate I bought which was part of an AC-Delco clutch kit, and it was stamped "Luk":
clutch_luk.jpg

I've replaced a couple slaves, so I did some searching before I bought parts, and the one thing I saw repeatedly was slaves bought from parts stores are junk.
I got mine through dial-a-clutch.com, and both times the slave was identical to the stock slave I was replacing.
I also did the whole clutch both times, got the whole package through dial-a-clutch, and got the Luk kit, which came with the slave. I can't remember if the slave was a Luk branded part or not, though.

I've replaced a couple slaves, so I did some searching before I bought parts, and the one thing I saw repeatedly was slaves bought from parts stores are junk.
I got mine through dial-a-clutch.com, and both times the slave was identical to the stock slave I was replacing.

So in other words you can't get a better slave then OEM which is not all that good?

Haha, yes! Sad, isn't it. Unless someone knows of a better one...

Thanks Bill, I believe I'll go that route. I'd rather spend some more bucks than to have to do the job again to soon.

Thanks I,ll check it out. Lee

I just finished doing the auto to manual swap on my 94 and I used one of our vendors, rockauto.com, and couldn't be more pleased! I bought all Brute Force clutch and accessories from them and they worked out great! I bought the master cyl., reservoir, slave cyl.,throwout bearing, and clutch kit. I also spent the few extra bones to get the assembly pre-filled so I could avoid the notorious Explorer clutch master bleeding issues. It was worth every penny! Just plug and play! I had instant pedal as soon as I hooked everything up! Don't know if thats what your looking for but I hope it helps! Good luck and take it easy!:salute:

Yes, tht sounds like what I am looking for. Thanks a lot for the info.

Hi!

What does it mean when the parts is stamped with LUK? does it mean poor quality?

luk is one of the largest oe manufacturers.they are oe for ford and many other makes.

it's good stuff :cool:

Just incase someone that isn't auto savvy reads this, o.e. Stands for original equipment. Just incase.

I ended up getting the whole kit from Carolina Clutch. Wow, what a difference, its like a whole different vehicle , the clutch works perfect
It took about six hours to do. I had to heat all the exhaust bolts to get them out. In Ohio they use a lot of salt on the roads and everything rusts.

Good to hear. What brand was it?

Back