smell of gasoline,

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD
:scratch: Hello everyone,

last few days my truck to a very strong smell of gasoline, I can not find or Could Be the leak
:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Might be the charcoal canister. Or the lines going to it.
It's the black thing near the washer fluid with the 2 circle knob things on top of it.
replaced a few over the years with different explorers.

Might be the charcoal canister. Or the lines going to it.
It's the black thing near the washer fluid with the 2 circle knob things on top of it.
replaced a few over the years with different explorers.

:thumbsup:Thank you very much Jason94sport I'll watch it this part

Fuel pump going out can also cause a strong smell of gasoline. First check the vacuum line to your Fuel Pressure Regulator.

;) FIND thank you I will also see that.
The first part is not Jason94sport thank's

If you see fuel in the vacuum line, then your fuel pressure regulator is probably bad.

:( Hello,
I look .... I do not find ... have someone a schematic view of the route of fuel hose and tubing
Where is placed fuel pressure regulator in the engine of my X 94 I search a thread that explains how to change the fuel pressure regulator
but I do not see
Thank you very much

Fuel pressure regulator is under the upper intake manifold on the side of the fuel rail. It is located on the same corner of the fuel rail as your alternator is near. The vacuum line that goes to it is usually on the front of the vacuum tree. It is the one with the L shaped connector. It is easiest to check it by just checking that end of the vacuum line. Suck on it, if you taste gasoline or a gasoline odor, then your fuel pressure regulator is bad.

;) ThanK's FIND
there is no problem with the vacuum line.
no taste gasoline or a gasoline odor in line
the smell is stronger behind the truck at the fuel tank.
but I see no leak, i don't understand

check the hoses to your fuel filler neck, otherwise, your fuel pump may also be failing.

Back