• Register Today It's free!

Smoke from Air Vents

jvmoore1

Reaction score
City, State
Mobile,al
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer
I just changed my idler pully, serptinine belt, and the blet tensioner. but when i drive for about 5 min smokes starts coming from the vents. when i park a clear substance is trickiling on the passenger side of teh engine. anyoen know what is up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you have an a/c leak. The clear substance is prolly oil from the system. The smoke...most likely refrigerant escaping. Have you tried the a/c? It's probably not working. My sis just had a similar problem in a chevy. Did this happen just after changing those parts? I'm wondering if maybe you inadvertantly knocked something loose. Did you have to remove the compressor to do this work?

took a look at lunch....
thought it would be the heater core (may still be)
but one of teh heater hoses is also burnt off...now i know nothing about replaceing it... advance auto parts just has the single hose....i didnt see anything in the chilton's book on replacing this particular hose.... this looks like there is two hoses coming from the back left corner. i will take a picture of it tonight...still mulling over replacing the heater core...

I had this happen to me in an old Mustang. It was a bad heater core. You might as well replace all the hoses while you're at it. Maybe a radiator flush/boil & t-stat, too. Might as well do it all (if you have time/budget).

D.

i know i will have to replace the hoses...liek i said one has come completly off...
is there a place that has some info on how to replace teh heater core?

ok i took some pictures of what might be the probelm.... this on the passenger side, right under the window. there are two hoses come out (looks like from the heater core). one of the hoses has burn off completly..
does anyone what part this is?

DSC00475.jpg

DSC00479.jpg

DSC00480.jpg

DSC00476.jpg

Back