Smoother Ride Limited or Sport? Cool seats worth it? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Smoother Ride Limited or Sport? Cool seats worth it?

I'd imagine most people get the Sport over the Limited for the EB engine. Smoothness of the ride doesn't really factor in. At least it didn't for us. My wife was content with the Limited. I wanted the power of the EB engine and was leaning towards the Sport. We test drove a Limited and a Sport and I didn't notice much of a difference in smoothness. But, boy, did I notice the power! We compromised on the Platinum :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

His situation is probably similar to mine, that I don't start a trip on the interstate because I didn't stop and park it there at the end of the last trip. ;)

I was thinking it was one of his fuel fill ups along the way where you don't venture much off the freeway.

I have to ask. You state you were going 65-70MPH, but according to the math, it's closer to 55MPH average speed. Was there construction or long waits at lights and such?

I would say an hour of that was city driving. I started the trip reset at the dealership in Cincinnati where I bought it and then took this picture after parking in a parking garage in Nashville. So I would say 30 minutes getting out of Cincinnati (some construction) and probably 30 minutes getting into the congested area of Nashville. It was at 27+ mpg right before Nashville. Also, Adaptive Cruise was on i would say about 80% of the time.

tried almost stock sport, 0-60 in 5.5 and 1/4 in 14.5sec at 97.5mph. I'll try it with the stock intake on and new filter when I have time.

20170607_174409.jpg

20170607_174312.jpg

Mine also doesn't show how many gallons I've used, must be a Limited or pre-refresh thing?

It's not accurate anyway. Mine is almost always off by ~2 gallons. The closest it's ever been is 1/2 gallon. Equally, the MPG is off by 1-2.

Back