So Angry With Theodore Robins Ford Right Now!! | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So Angry With Theodore Robins Ford Right Now!!

i suspected tires from the get go. Think about it, you had the tires rotated and the problem occurred immediately after. Over the past 40 years I have had more than a few tire related noises, thumping, etc. Curious, what tires did you buy that had the problem?

Any chance the OP could post the brand / details of the tires that were bad? (especially if they're the same type both times bad)

Might save others some trouble with new tires. :thumbsup:

The tires are Goodyear Eagle RSA. My brother in law has had them on his Trailblazer SS with 20" wheels and has had nothing but good things to say. Good grip, low noise and with proper rotations he got 50,000 miles out of one set so that was good enough for me.

The Ex comes with Hankook Optimas as standard and I'm a fan of Hankook tires, but the Goodyears have a more aggressive tire pattern that IMO simply look better and make the Ex look sportier than the Hankooks. The price was the same for both brands so I went with the Goodyears.

I have wheel adapters on all four wheels to bring the wheels (stock, not aftermarket) almost out to the top edge of each Fender and the Goodyears look awesome on them. Apart from this crazy issue, I've been very pleased with them.

What you should do is move the tires back to their original position before you brought it in and see if that takes care of it.

Back