So I bought this 4x4 SUV...ld50 | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

So I bought this 4x4 SUV...ld50

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I bought this 4x4 SUV...Ld50 mods

So I bought this SUV...

I`ve never had a 4 wheel drive vehicle before now. Oh, I used to go out with friends years ago, got stuck, seen things break, the usual. Always had a car though, and that was fine.
Well I got this job working on pipelines, and gained more experiences with off road on the right-of-ways. All the work trucks were 4x4s with winches, and we worked them hard over the 4 & 1/2 yrs I was doing it. I`ve been itching to get into it myself for some time after hearing about my couzin`s
exploits in his Jeep, but thought I`d wait till my son was a little older and we outgrew my mustang.

Well the time came last February, in the form of a 1993 4-door Explorer XL 4.0 with manual hubs and a manual 5 spd trans.

I have some cash to put out, and have made some mods already, which I have tried to capture with my digital camera as I go.
I do have limits. I want to keep it low enough to fit in my underground parking lot, and I want it to be street legal.
At the same time, I want to go out with my cuz` and his friends, and show those lightly modified Jeepers up!

I`m starting this thread so I could maybe help some guys who are new to this, and want to build something up, without going all out like some of the members (and organizers) of this site.
The next few posts are going to tell the story up till now, including problems I`ve had, and prices I`ve paid. You may not agree with the order of the mods, but I`m learning!
I welcome all comments, Ideas, help, etc.

Serious Explorations has been my Bible for the past few months and I hope to help as much as you all have helped me!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There must be a communication error somewhere here...
Oh well, shoot me some pics and I will throw 'em up for 'ya.....:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ha ha, there are so many! And worst of all, they are so inter-twined with the story that I would have to rewrite/redesign the whole thing, or it would be all a huge mess, with a bunch of pics at the end, grrr!

Frustrating..

Originally posted by ld50
Ha ha, there are so many! And worst of all, they are so inter-twined with the story that I would have to rewrite/redesign the whole thing, or it would be all a huge mess, with a bunch of pics at the end, grrr!

Frustrating..

Just number each and post the number list explaining each one.....

Woohoo!
Looks like I will be able to save this thread after all. Everything seems smoothed over, and my Elite status should be here soon.
Then I`ll have every pic posted, and it should look pretty clean.

:D

Damn this has been an interesting thread.

I think it's really cool the way you've written up the whole life of your Ex!

(Even though it doesn't have pictures ;) )

This thread is DEAD

The new write-up is here:
Dead Link Removed

Couldn`t take your posts with me guys, sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back