• Register Today It's free!

SOA question

93xplorersport

Reaction score
City, State
paris, tn
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 sport 4x4
when doing a soa do you have to get a different drive shaft? also if you do a soa and put a 4 inch lift leaf spring how much lift would that actually be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The driveshaft topic has been covered at least a dozen times - search will lead you to an answer. As for the SOA + 4" leaf pack, that's just a simple math addition.

it depends on the spring sag, the spring perches used, and shackle length. I got around 5" from mine. Driveshaft will more then likely need to be lengthend. :)

it depends on the spring sag, the spring perches used, and shackle length. I got around 5" from mine. Driveshaft will more then likely need to be lengthend. :)

you saying you only got 5" from the soa or from a soa with 4"springs?

when i tried my soa drive shaft was fine but it gave me too much lift in rear. it gives you around 3 or so inches of lift so if you also add leafs it would be crazy high in rear unless you plan on lifting front to

Most soa will give you about 5-6 inches of lift.

yea i was goin to level it out i just didnt know exactly how much the angle of the driveshaft would be messed up with a soa since in the 5.5 superlift it dont say anything about having to change the driveshaft

My truck sits just about level with a SOA and a 4" lift in the front and the rear shaft is fine.

I don't think you will know for sure how yours works out till you try it.

You can fix the pinion angle before you weld on the spring mounts. Plan on needing a longer rear shaft and if then if you don't it's just a bonus.

Superlift soa sit in the stock perches so you would have to grind one side or add shims.james duff sells shims and show how to measure for them.for driveshft you have to put the lift on and measure the distance from flang to flang and take it to a shop and they will know how much to add to the driveshaft

Back