• Register Today It's free!

SOHC tensioners

ARTURPOLAND

Reaction score
City, State
POZNAN, POLAND
Year, Model & Trim Level
'97 HIGHCLASS
Hi everyone, two days ago I posted a thread concerning tensioners. No answers. As it was sunday I am trying to repeat. Maybe anyone knows something about rear chain in SOHC Engine. Particularly the tensioner. Is it easy to replace (I think the tensioner is on the passenger side close to spark plugs). does they sell it separately ??

Help please !!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi everyone, two days ago I posted a thread concerning tensioners. No answers. As it was sunday I am trying to repeat. Maybe anyone knows something about rear chain in SOHC Engine. Particularly the tensioner. Is it easy to replace (I think the tensioner is on the passenger side close to spark plugs). does they sell it separately ??

Help please !!!

From what I have read,You need to pull the engine to replace that tensioner.No way around it.

No need to pull the engine. Just get the new tensioner and install it. It can be a bit tight in there so it can be challenging. The part numbers are XU3Z-6K254-BA for tensioner and W702549-S300 for copper washer

thank's, that is what I needed. according to what they say on TV there is some frost in California ??? World got crazy. In Poland we have spring instead of winter.

I replied in the other thread. Pull the right inner fender first, then get long extensions. Regards,

Back