Solved. 2007 F-150 4.6 Triton overheated suddenly. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Solved. 2007 F-150 4.6 Triton overheated suddenly.

Dmartinez1

Reaction score
City, State
SAN ANTONIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 4.6 Triton F150
2007 F150 4.6 Triton over heated on the road after hearing a mysterious pop. Sudden smell of burning radiator fluid then check engine light came on. Pulled over and water was every where, but couldn't identify source of leak. All hoses intact and engine cooled down quick. No knocking from the motor or noises of any kind. There appeared to be steam coming from an opening toward the back of the motor, near the last spark plug in the passenger side. I assumed it was a hose but could figure out what it connected to.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

welcome to EF!!!! maybe this wuld get more views in the f150 subforum @BrooklynBay

Maybe heater core hose?

Found it! So, in this particular model, the motor can be used in the Crown Vic. When installed in the Crown Vic all adapters and coolant hoses are used, but when it's in the truck, there is a hose connection on the passenger side right next to the last spark plug that isn't used. When in the Crown Vic, it connects to the heater core. When this motor is in the truck, it's capped off. I lost that cap due to increased pressure. I replaced the cap and added a clamp for support. Refilled with coolant and problem solved. Next on the agenda is to flush the system again as I believe my radiator was clogged which cause the increased pressure to blow that cap.

Back