Some pics of my explorer (finally got a camera) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some pics of my explorer (finally got a camera)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man keep us updated on changes.

nice.. ive never seen an eddie bauer with no center console.

Thanks. Funny that you should mention the center console. I've been looking to get a wood dash kit for my X but the ones out there (the bigger kits with like 15+ pieces) never seem to have the correct pieces for my X. Personally best selection I've found has been at wooddashfactory.com. Anyone else bought a good kit elsewhere? Also, what color wood would look good against tan leather (Not really sure if light or dark would look better). Im pretty sure I will get reverse indiglo gauges too. Gotta fix up the interior a bit, its a tad bland for my tastes.

Other than that, this winter I gotta fix my front driver side bumper. Some punk backed into me when I was parked in downtown minneapolis. I will have to take a picture of it because the plastic panel portion of the bumper is crushed, while the metal is undamaged. However, the frame arms that secure the bumper are slightly bent so my whole bumper is off about an inch on the driver side (really annoying).

This upcoming summer I would like to either lower it 2 inches or put dual exhaust on it. However, I really haven't researched it and I imagine because I have 4 wheel drive I'm going to run into problems with one or both of those mods. Anyone fill me in on this?

Thanks guys. :D

just do a search for exhaust and lowering. i have a single muffler with dual pipes going in and dual pipes exiting. not true dual, but dual regardless. im plannin on lowering mine about 2 inches in the spring as well. others with 4wd and awd have no problem lowering it a couple inches. just use the search button and ask if you have any problems. good luck

Looks great man!! I really like those rims. I have the molded wood trim for the center console where the radio is. It's beautiful!! I'll try to snap a pic later this week and let you see.

Jssong, '95-'98 Eddie Bauers were offered with 2 different option packages. The base Eddie Bauers get the basics plus leather seats. The extra cost option package has extras like the auto temp climate controls, trip computer, JBL system, fog lights, etc...

hey, i like your truck. those rims really fit the style of your eddie bauer and i like em. i don't usually like big chrome either.

how can you be from minnesota with a nice explorer like that and you don't roll with my crew? you need to come hang out with us sometime- and you'll never believe how far your mod money can go when you get a few of us explorer enthusiasts working together (not to mention getting audio at wholesale)

if your interested there is a gathering of some kind coming up soon or else you can just stop by over at my place just about any night of the week and find work going on at least on on or two trucks.

later man

just read your post- why wait until next summer? you can do exhaust just like mine for 125 and lower it for about the same (including the alignment). I know you got that much lying around and you won't regret it.

that and i promise if you drive my truck you'll spendyour next 250 to do those two things

expo 5.0: I saw you driving around the UofM last year sometime. I meant to leave you a message but I couldn't find your profile. Anyway, I'm seriously interested in lowering my vehicle and puttin on some dualies (even if its not true dual). However, if there is a way to do it I am very very interested. A friend of mine had a full system exhaust kit that he bought from flowmaster (I believe its 40 series) for his 5.0 mustang. It even has the headers. Since then, he sold the car and took all the aftermarket parts off. I was kinda hoping to replace the exhaust manifold with the headers but someone told me it will never fit (and it didn't seem like it would when I looked more closely). Unfourtunately, I just took insurance off my explorer and stored it. Mostly because I pay outrageous rent out in minneapolis. Anyway, I'm about to check out your vehicle. Catch up with you a bit later.

Back