Some Questions about a Tune-Up! | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Some Questions about a Tune-Up!

I got it back and it was somehow only $138 for the spark plugs! But then I also had to get the rear defroster reattached (which I probably could have done myself, but I just decided to let them do it) and they charged me $138 for that! The lady said it was for an hour of diagnosing and 30 minutes to fix, of course it only took 2 seconds to diagnose, though. Then they also charged me an hour labor to check the A/C to tell me that it would cost $455 to fix. I hate the dealerships. The funny thing is that I wanted to get my tranny recalibrated the most out of anything and they wouldn't be able to do it until next week and I'm moving into my dorm at college on Saturday so I couldn't leave it with them that long. Oh well...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Glad to hear the good news about the plugs. Take the good with the bad. Still alot cheaper than the original quote.

Glad to hear the good news about the plugs. Take the good with the bad. Still alot cheaper than the original quote.

Yeah, that's true. I'm never going to a dealer again unless I have to, though.

Plug change completed!

Well I finished the plug change on Saturday.
Switched to PB Blaster. Let soak for an hour.
Plugs were tight and very noisy coming out. Did not break any.
They were very worn but not broken anywhere at 93,000 miles.

Took me a total of 8 hours to finish - but the car runs great.

Changed the plugs and wires on the wifes 03 Z06 in 1:30. Go figure.

Glad to hear you got it done without breaking any.

Back