someone PLEASE help resolve this | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

someone PLEASE help resolve this

mtcboy

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 explorer 4x4
I have a 94 4x4 with 88k. I have replaced all the front end componets. ALL. I even went as far as replacing the axle pivot bushing yesterday. The problem is the right wheel set out about 1/4 inch farther than any of the other tires. this has been this way since I owned the vehicle. Does anyone know if ford made different lenght axles for the explorer or is mine just one of
the good really screwed up ones. it runs and drives great, except for this problem. does not "EAT" tires. oh, it does have auto front hubs if that matters. thanks guys and ANY and ALL ideas will be appreciated..

If its not broken dont fix it! I have learned the hard way not to fix things that aren't broken. :banghead:

I just redid the hubs and brakes on my '91. When I ordered the new rotors I noticed that one of them was sitting taller then the other as they sat on the work bench. and it was about a 1/4 of an inch. I went back to the parts store and they exchanged the taller one for a shorter one. So you might want to measure their heights.
Peace Ed

thnaks, I did replace the rotors right after I got it. I will look into that.

Back