sound system: premium or regular?

koolaid81

Reaction score
City, State
Palm Springs, ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Eddie Bauer
Alright guys,

Just bought my third explorer a couple days ago. I am gearing up to change out the stock radio. In my past two explorers this has always been a little tricky to find the right harness. I have run into installers that say " well if you have electric windows you have the premium system with the amp and sub" others have said "no way, if it says "DNR" on it you have the premium system".

Crutchfields says that the "DNR" means premium system, but this exploder doesn't have a sub, does it still have an amp?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

still has an amp

When you goto crutchfield, do the "add a vehicle" thing, then your gonna want to select stock headunit w/ factory amp, or something like that, cus then when you order a headunit, they'll send you EVERYTHING! Wiring harness, amp bypass, dash kit (only place you can get them for the old ex's) stock radio removal tools, and step by step, with detailed pics on what to do, theyre VERY generous lol usually have great sales goin on too

Perfect! So I was a little confused, I thought only the premium system had an amp, Thanks Guys!

Back