Southern Ontario Members...

Cozmik

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Kitchener, Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
'07 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Hey all! Looking for any members in the Southern Ontario region. I'm in Kitchener and I'd like to set up a meet & greet with any members who'd be interested.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey, that's where I am. Ktown!
I just bought my X today and I've had a Ranger for 4 years now. I'm on RPS as well.

Thats awesome welcome to the club!!! You an offroader or more into the street truck aspect?

My ranger is my street truck. It's currently lowered 6" in the front, 5" in the rear on an Explorer 8.8" lsd disc brake rear end. Has racing seats, rollpan, billet grille, headlights, tails etc etc etc list goes on. Currently building a 2.3L turbo for it.

Needed a winter beater so I opted for the Explorer :) Just picked it up today at the Tri City Auctions mwhahaha. I plan on picking it up on monday, have it on the road by wednesday with 31's if all goes to plan. I'm trying to find the Infamous "War-153" shackles atm in Canada, preferably locally. Know anywhere? LOL

I made my shckles. They are a bit beefier and bigger than the War153's. I also have the 4 door leaf packs and AAL done to it. Trying to sell it or part it out as I don't want to scrap good parts.

Hello

Markham, Ontario. Just using the X for camping, pulling the boat and trailer.
Would like to try off roading.

Cozmik - I have plans to make the shackles now as well. My friend is taking a metal fabricator course of some sort at conestoga and wants to make them for me. I just need to grab the supplies :)

Hi Martin.

I'm actually trying to find some people to go wheelin' with once I get the issues sorted out on my beater.

I am only stock right now. Would it handle the trails?

I am only stock right now. Would it handle the trails?

It will handle some off roading. How much depends on your truck. Do you know what gearing you have? Also whether you have an open rear diff or a limited slip?

hey didnt know this thread was here.
im in woodbridge.i have a 94 sport an been dying to get offroad on a trail ride with some other people.
hey rob if you wanted to see shackles, u needed to see the 1s on mine . i made up my own set cost me $20.

Ahh its ok.

I have been reading the awesome info on this wonderful forum and found enough info on how to make some :) My friend has access to a cnc machine at his school etc etc he wants to make them for me. I just need to pay for materials :D I really need a welder ...

I should have my X legit by saturday. I plan on going out to some trails or fields or something like that with a friend. Should have video to post up.

dont need any of that stuff.
2"x1/4" steel 6" long 4 peices.
9/16 drill bit to drill them all out.
some new bolts an thats it.

I know I don't. It's just my buddy really wants to make them and make them fancy. His prof told them to make something for a project I guess and that's what he wants to do. Apparently the prof is really interested and wants to see them work.

just had a qk look at your site. looks like every 1 is jacked up with bigger tires on. soo whats a guys like me with a stock explorer have a chance of not tearing the bottom up on the run?

thanks man. we have a few stockish trucks that come out. and anywhere we go there are bypasses. plus im gonna have mine out from time to time so if you follow me youll be fine. i dont plan on breaking my truck :)

from brantford here, 02 v8 xlt explorer

Welcome guys!!! What are your plans for your trucks?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back