• Register Today It's free!

Spare Tire 03

Sleb

Reaction score
City, State
MB
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
I know this has been talked about a lot, but I can't find any info on an 03 explorer. I'm running 265/75/16 can I fit this size in the spare tire cavity? Would it be better to go with a 245/75/16 so it won't stick out as much (any pics from the back would be great). I know I can pull a wheel off and try it but its to dam cold in Canada and I don't want to wait till summer, that's why i love this site.

p1050172uc8.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have a 265/75/16 bfg all terrain spare tire tucked under there...:thumbsup:

i have a 265/75/16 bfg all terrain spare tire tucked under there...:thumbsup:

before or after your lift?

I know it can fit in there, but i'm personally worried about ground clearance issues.

I have a matching 255/70/17 under mine. Comes out to 31x10. I don't see why a 265/75/16 wouldn't, equals out to roughly 32x10.

You can take apart your spair tire carrier

i took mine off

but there is a big plastic sheld that you can take off and fit any size tire youd want there look

il post a pic i took any extra part off the explorer that i could

SLEB, can you tell me what is the size you are using in this explorer, I have one just like it and I am trying to purchase 4 tires but they don't look the same as the one you have on, the size is 265/75/16 are the ones that I want to buy and they seem taller, but again they look different in the size.

I have a 265/75 BFG All Terrain under my truck also. I do have a lift installed. You only lose ~1" of ground clearance...

Back