Spare tire jack and tools

spoulson

Reaction score
City, State
Middletown, DE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 XLT
Hello all,

I just bought a used '03 XLT that so far I've been very happy with. One small item I've been battling the dealer with is obtaining the user manuals and completing the spare tire jack and tools. They gave me the manuals, but I'm not sure I have everything for the jack and tools. Now that I have the manual, I see that it says the tools are in a bag and attacked to the jack, but have no illustration.

What I have:
- Jack stowed in floor compartment cradle
- lugnut wrench
- bar with hook on end
- non-descript black toolbag with hole in the middle of it and slots for 3 rod-like tools of different lengths

The bag doesn't seem to fit as I cannot fit the wrench in it at all and there's no apparent way to attach it to the jack. Moreover, the manual shows how the rod w/ hook attaches to something else to operate the scissor jack. I can't see to figure out how that's done, so I think I'm missing another part.

I'm really looking to get this back to OEM so it's not bouncing around in the compartment and to be sure I can actually use the spare in event of a flat. I tried calling a local Ford parts but they weren't much help as their parts system had reportedly horrible illustrations and didn't seem to display everything as a group or where they're stored.

Does anyone have pictures or illustrations of their equipment?

Thanks.

Sorry no pics, someone broke my camera:frustrate, but from your description that sounds like everything. If you look at the jack the end of it is a loop. You insert the "hook" into the loop and turn it. The stock jack is a P.I.T.A especially if your not on a hard surface. Anyone else want to chime in, maybe I'm missing parts aswell.:D

edit: I've learned that if you ever take the jack out, you end up getting pissed off trying to get the stupid velcro around it and just toss it in there.

That's all the parts I have with mine and I bought it new 4 years ago.

Back