Spark Plug Wiring

X94_4x4

Reaction score
City, State
Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 Explorer XLT 4x4
Hey Fellas,
I was just changing out my spark plug wires, and after i finished swapping them out i tried to start my explorer and it wouldn't start. I'm assuming i must have put a wire in a wrong location. My explorer is a 94, and i was wondering if anyone knew where i could find a diagram, or tell me from the plug where i'm running the wire to on the distributor. I very much appreciate any help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Best thing to do is go down to your local auto parts store and buy a Chiltons or Haynes repair manual. Probably the most important "tool" you'll buy.;)

I like the Haynes manual better -- it has photos.

Should he walk since his X doesn't start?

I've seen diagrams around here before, but don't know where. I suggest searching hard if no ones gives an answer first

Cylinders are labeled

Back of X
Front of X

Coil pack goes

Back
Front

Thanks a lot fellahs i appreciate all the information. I have my new problem posted in the 911 section, but i'm curious to know if ne one knows whether or not my vehicle would start up if the spark plug wires were connected in the wrong locations? Thanks for the help.

it depends. Sometimes it will start and run like crap if they are in the wrong order.

Also you dont have a distributor, you have whats called a coil pack.

Good luck!

Back