• Register Today It's free!

Speaker Problem-Please Help!

dfrankie724

Reaction score
City, State
Pittsburgh
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 Explorer Sport
Hi I'm new here and need some help. I recently bought a 1999 sport and the previous owner must of had some aftermarket speakers that he took out because of the wiring in the back. Now the back speakers and sub do not work, but the front speakers work fine. Just wondering if anyone knew where the stock speaker connections are to re-connect them. Also my a.m. radio setting gets terrible reception everywhere. If anybody has any info on this it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

should be able to pull out the stock speakers from the panel and the connecters should be there provided the prior owner did'nt cut them out
as fara as the reception is it both am and fm or just one side? might want remove the stereo and check to see if the antenna lead is plugged in. Or you could have a break in the coax somewheres. Hope this help even tho it ain't much

check out if he didn't mess with the amplifier (the conections to the sub goes right trough it), the thing is, it is tough to get to, you have to remove de entire passenger side back window panel (the one holding the subwoofer).

Back