Speedgrille and Inserts on Explorer LTD | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Speedgrille and Inserts on Explorer LTD

2kLimitedv8

Reaction score
City, State
Lawrenceburg, IN
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Limited 5.0
Well, I installed my Speedgrille grille and Speedgrille bumper insert last week, and today I finally got around to taking some pictures of my Explorer.

The install was pretty easy, took me 30-45min. For the bumper insert, you just put it in place, and its held in by clips. For the grille, I had to remove the entire stock grille, and to do that you must also remove the corner lights. It is also held in place by clips. Both are from Streetscene and I think they are of very high quality. I would highly recommend. I bought mine from Truckperformance.com, they have the best prices I know of.

Click here for the pictures.

Any comments and/or suggestions are always appreciated :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There's no pics in the album. How much did you pay for the inserts??

What? Are you sure? After you click on the link posted above, you have to click on "2000 Exp..." album. There's 5 pictures in the album.

I paid like $113 for the grille and $68 for the bumper insert.

Everyone please let me know if the pics don't work. They should, so if they don't I really don't know why.

i dont see any pics.

jssong,

After clicking on the link I posted above, then you clicked on the Folder icon with "2000 Exp..." written under it right?

whats going on?? If I click on the link, then click on the folder to go into the album, i see 5 pics.

i don't understand why nooone else can see them

???????

Ok, I changed it from Private to Public. (apparently Yahoo sets it on Private by default, I just figured that out. It sure should work now.

You've got a sweet looking ride there. The grill looks really sharp. Nice work!

hey your speedgrille looks awesome! I have a couple questions for you also:

1. doesnt the limited have a different front grille thing than the reg explorers? i thought it did but yours looks like the XLTs and stuff?

2. Did you cut the bars out (the ones inside the grill going vertically)? if not, can you see them behind the speedgrille or no?

3. How in the heck do you get off the explorer grill part? it seems like i unscrew all the screws but mine wont come off? Can you explain exactly what u did to remove the original grill?

thanks alot! mine just came in the mail today so i am looking to put it on

Back