• Register Today It's free!

Spider Trax wheel spacers 1.5"

davebar

Reaction score
City, State
Kirtland, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport
I just put on 33s and I am getting rubbing on my sway bar at lock. Looks like I need about a 1.25 in the front to clear it. I was gonna do 1.5 just to be sure. Dont reall care about the fender as I will trim it.

I have read the pros and cons on spacers, but not sure what other option I really have. Looks like Spider Trax are the way to go. Eibach has them too, but they are $340 for a set a 4. Id rather get new rims...

Anyway, Spider Trax doesnt list Ford on the site. Do I just get the 5 x 4.5 for the Jeep? They are Hub Centric, so my concern is if the Hub is the same size.

Thanks,

Dave

The only other option would be new rims. The lug pattern is 5 x 4.5. Not sure about the hub size though, ill look around for it.

edit- This website http://adaptitusa.com/referencebook.htm says the center bore is 70.3 for 90-01 explorers.

great site. So it looks like the Jeeps are abit larger. 71.5 vs 70.3. I assume its not that big of deal based on the fact most Explorer owners on here suggest using the Spider Trax over the other brands?

Back