Sport trac misfires (lurches a bit) occasionally | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sport trac misfires (lurches a bit) occasionally

jimbotti

Reaction score
City, State
Irwin, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Ford Sport trac
2007 (V6) Sport trac misfires occasionally and quickly lurches a bit. Happens anywhere when crusing around 1000 - 1500 RPM - but not enough to see it in the tach, but I can feel it. No codes or dash lights. Some have suggested a possible Transmission issue.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Coil packs. My 4.6L V8 was doing the same. No codes and I replace the coil packs, all problems gone

Same thing happened to my f150 back in the day. Feels like the trans its a bad coil pack.

I just had this on my V8, replaced the plugs since they probably were never changed from the previous owner. Didnt fix the problem and found 2 coil on plugs were bad. Ford scanned it and found which two(I also did the scan with my scanner too and saw the same thing)

Replaced the 2 coils and worked just fine

Never had any dash lights on

2007 (V6) Sport trac misfires occasionally and quickly lurches a bit. Happens anywhere when crusing around 1000 - 1500 RPM - but not enough to see it in the tach, but I can feel it. No codes or dash lights. Some have suggested a possible Transmission issue.
After some time and effort, I learned the Sport trac IS NOT misfiring:
1. Had codes checked - no codes
2. Had plug coils checked - none bad
3. Replace fuel filter (quit a job)

STATUS....The 2007 (V6) Sport trac STILL lurches occasionally and quickly. Specifically around 2000 RPM in fifth and fourth gear (automatic) on a slight grade or pull.

Some have suggested a possible Transmission issue. Any suggestions here?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Back