Spray-on bedliner on rocker panels? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Spray-on bedliner on rocker panels?

KEbert

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 XLT
I know a guy with a F-350 and a F-450 that he had spray-on bedliner ( I think Line-X) put on the rocker panels and about a 1 1/2" strip above the front fender on both his trucks. It looks AMAZING. I want in on my Explorer NOW! I wish I had a digital camera so I could post pics but I don't. Has anyone done this or have pics? Or know how much it would roughly cost?
Thank you, Kyle.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

yep, rhino lining, about $350 for both sides.
rhino1.jpg

rhino2.jpg

Yep, on the lower doors, rocker panels, and brushguard & taillight lense guards. About $50 worth of Herculiner and a few minutes of infamy on the internet. :eek:

Dead Link Removed

I did my rocker panels and about 2" around each fender. Looks good. Sorry no pics.

Cheers
Dale

I did mine

I did my rocker panels, side skirts and i even did my bushwacker fender flares w/ it too. I bought the duplicolor stuff and did it in a day. When i get my digital camera fixed i'll take some pics.

When all of you did this is it sprayed on or brushed on? If brushed does it leave any stroke marks?

swee, have you got any pictures of your winch bumper? I'm looking for something cool :). By the way, it isn't rhino lining, if you do it yourself (your sig says rhino lined)
Most places that will do it for you spray it on, like line-x, rhino lining, a few others.
The "do-it-your-self" kits (herculiner, duplicolor, etc.) are rolled on rather then "brushed" on. I'll be attacking mine with herculiner before too long.

Not tring to be a smarty, but... would someone please explain to me the purpose of this stuff of exterior body parts?

I would love to see a good pic of someone's truck.

Thanks in advance..........

Originally posted by aldive
Not tring to be a smarty, but... would someone please explain to me the purpose of this stuff of exterior body parts?

I would love to see a good pic of someone's truck.

Thanks in advance..........

So when you bash your truck into a rock you just get the herculiner out and re-cover it without having to waste money on a new paint job. It just rolls on. Its the same stuff used in bedliners for trucks. Same idea, when you throw crap in the back of your truck it doesn't scrape all the paint off.

It's Changed

Hey Matt I changed my sig. I think it's more appropiate for what i have done. And as far as pics i'll see what i can dig up but if not they'll have to wait til i get my camera back.

like Ryan said, I got them on my rocker panels because, well, I beat my rocker panels a lot :). It's my off-road only vehicle so protection of the body is good. I hate to think of how much I'd spend in repainting if I repainted every time I scratched the vehicle or dented it, etc. The rhino lining or herculiner helps prevent dents and scratches from occuring, and looks pretty cool too :). Also, its much easier to clean then regular paint since you never need to wax it, just hose it down, squirt on some armor all, hose down again, LOL

Hey Matt

Hey matt i found an ok picture of my bumper before i put the duplicolor on it. It has the brown vitaliner on it that i used first. and how can i send this pic to u. do u have aol or AIM? Lemme know

thanks
Tom

Back