springs length

tealtterror

Reaction score
City, State
Murfreesboro, North Carolina
Year, Model & Trim Level
'94 XLT
coil spring questions

does anyone know the stock coil spring length? i am looking to get 10 inch lift springs custom made and i dont want to have to take out the stock spring to measure. thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You're wanting to get 10" of lift from a set of coil springs? On an Explorer?! You might want to rethink this, and research it a little better before paying to have these springs made..... the amount of positive camber you'll wind up with would be ridiculous, and that's IF you were even able to fit that large of a spring between the axle and the spring cup.

I don't know about 10'" coil springs, but, the skyjacker 8" kit for Rangers is the largest they come in that I know of. The ranger front kit should fit the Explorer front. All you have to do is figure out the back. For the back I would do superlift spring over axle swap and add some add a leafs or maybe a new spring pack. to make it 8" of lift.

10" lift springs wont jsut bolt into an explorer, there is no way, you are going to need all sorts of drop down brackets and such..... that is a major amount of lift.... too much for a dana35 in fact, as 10" is enough lift to clear some amjor tires, a 4" lift with trimming can fit 33s or 35s, and the d35 wont agressively handle bigger than 35s reliably....

doesanyone know the length of a stock coil spring from a 1st gen( 94) explorer xlt?

If you want I can measure my stock 93 sport coils, but I think they sag a little.

no, im looking to sas with a dana 60 front and rear. i would never try to put that much lift on the stock d35. i wouldnt make it out of my drive way without breaking something from stress.

yeah, if you could measure them that would be great. its ok if they sag a little bit, i jsut need a close answer. thanks

I make sure to get the measurements in the morning.

mine were 13.25"

bmxking5 said:
mine were 13.25"

You are correct mine were just under 13.5 I rounded up. lol

Back