Squeeling Brakes

Gary2

Reaction score
City, State
St. John's
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Sport Trac
I need some Help .....

The driver side front brakes(only) have been squeeling since March.

First brake job included resurface the rotors and install new Hawk brake pads. 3-4 days of driving squeeling is back.

Get the brakes service thinking maybe the clips are touching the rotor somewhere. Everything looked good replaced clips just incase. Same thing squeeling, squeeling.

Next brake service replace front pads thinking the Hawk might be just to hard and causing the squeel. Same thing squeel.

Next service replaced the rotors and installed a new pair of Hawk pads. 3-4 days later squeel is back and like before only on driver side.

Any suggestions on what else it could be? Or what to try?

This is getting on my nerves, embarrasing, and costing me $$$ thats not fixing the problem.

Thanks,
02 sport trac 2wd

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They make anti squeel grease that is supposed to be put on the back of the pads before they are installed. They will make a lot of noise without it. When the pads were replaced, was the driver's side more worn out than the passenger's side? You could have a bad caliper, or alignment.

anti squeel grease was used...:(

Brakes

The Ford OME breaks are terrible and so are the replacement brakes if you get them a the dealer. I had ceramic brakes installed and they are great. The noise went away and so did the brake dust.

Possibly caliper pins need replaced? They can wear out of tolerance and cause just enough play when the brakes are applied to make a squeal. Cheap if it doesn't cure the problem.

Back