ST Street Pack vs Track Pack High Performance Package | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

ST Street Pack vs Track Pack High Performance Package

I need some advice about which of these to order. For financial reasons I plan on ordering in about 60 days. I test drove an ST the other day with the Street Pack. I have read/heard that the upgraded brakes were hard to modulate. They seemed perfectly fine to me. I live in a mountainous areas and want as much 'reserve' as I can get so I am thinking about getting the High Performance Package that lists for $1,595 as opposed to $995 for the ST Street Pack that I drove.

On the Ford site the explanation of the two packages is identical so I can not really tell what the differences are. If anyone knows, I would appreciate a description of the differences. Also I would like to hear from people that have any one of these two options.

The other problem is that I live in an area where some roads are not paved, and some places are pretty rough, so that may suggest either of these two packages is not a good idea. That said, Ford put them on a vehicle with "trail mode" so I hope that they would be OK within reason.

Hard, choices. What have people heard about the ST off road?

Thanks
Hello, I have the 2021 explorer ST street pack edition and I love it with my 21" wheels. Especially when you switch to sport mode. My sport tuned performance suspension , brakes , engine all comes together in harmony when I'm in the turns on the paved back roads at higher speeds. No roll or over steering . I love it. Handles like a high performance sports car. Now if I was on a race track with turns and beefed up my horse power , then I would add the high performance brakes and rotors. That is the only difference you will pay extra for. You can start with street pack edition, then when its time to replace brakes , then install high performance brakes and rotors if you feel the need. Now if you think you will be driving over potholes and heavy gravel roads then think about getting the 20" wheels , gives you more rubber between tire and rim and smoother ride. However you won't be able to git into the turns like I can. Keep in mind although I have 21" wheels it's my street pack suspension / shocks that still gives me a smooth ride on average pavement.

^^Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Personally, I wish 18" wheels were an option on the Explorer and Aviator.

Peter

Hello, I have the 2021 explorer ST street pack edition and I love it with my 21" wheels. Especially when you switch to sport mode. My sport tuned performance suspension , brakes , engine all comes together in harmony when I'm in the turns on the paved back roads at higher speeds. No roll or over steering . I love it. Handles like a high performance sports car. Now if I was on a race track with turns and beefed up my horse power , then I would add the high performance brakes and rotors. That is the only difference you will pay extra for. You can start with street pack edition, then when its time to replace brakes , then install high performance brakes and rotors if you feel the need. Now if you think you will be driving over potholes and heavy gravel roads then think about getting the 20" wheels , gives you more rubber between tire and rim and smoother ride. However you won't be able to git into the turns like I can. Keep in mind although I have 21" wheels it's my street pack suspension / shocks that still gives me a smooth ride on average pavement.

The difference is just that track pack gets different "brake pads". The brakes and the routers are the same size in the ST. Brake pads and labor to install them is why they are like 600 bucks more expensive.

Back