Street Pack vs Track Pack | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Street Pack vs Track Pack

Just to clarify, the Street Pack is an option, not standard.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

So now that vehicles are out I did some more digging. I pulled vin's from dealer sites, one for a street pack and one for a high performance pack, and ran them on the parts.ford.com website. There is more of a difference between the street pack and high performance pack than just brake pads. Here is the listing based on packs:

Street Pack (just fronts listed)
Pads - BRF1882
Rotors - BRRF402
Calipers - BRCF488 (LEFT) BRCF487 (RIGHT)

High Performance Pack (just fronts listed)
Pads - BRF1886
Rotors -BRRF406
Calipers - BCRF473 (LEFT) BCRF472(RIGHT)

It seems to be parts labeled performance are for the street pack vin and the ones labeled high series/police show up for the high performance pack vin. Also, when you search by vin number it changes the application descriptions for the parts listed than if you just search for parts for a 2020 Explorer.

So now that vehicles are out I did some more digging. I pulled vin's from dealer sites, one for a street pack and one for a high performance pack, and ran them on the parts.ford.com website. There is more of a difference between the street pack and high performance pack than just brake pads. Here is the listing based on packs:

Street Pack (just fronts listed)
Pads - BRF1882
Rotors - BRRF402
Calipers - BRCF488 (LEFT) BRCF487 (RIGHT)

High Performance Pack (just fronts listed)
Pads - BRF1886
Rotors -BRRF406
Calipers - BCRF473 (LEFT) BCRF472(RIGHT)

It seems to be parts labeled performance are for the street pack vin and the ones labeled high series/police show up for the high performance pack vin. Also, when you search by vin number it changes the application descriptions for the parts listed than if you just search for parts for a 2020 Explorer.

What, bigger rotors?

What, bigger rotors?
Same size as far as I can tell but most likely slightly different composite to reduce brake fade or warping.

Thicker perhaps.

Thicker perhaps.
That is a good point or maybe better venting, it is just hard to tell because I think the sizes it list on the parts site is for shipping box dimensions.

For those with the ST, is the Track Pack or Street Pack brakes worth the upgrade? How well do the Pirellis in 275 wear and handle snow/winter conditions? Does the Street/Track pack include different sized/vented rotors or do they just add paint to the calipers and different pad compounds?
I'm looking at the regular brake/wheel package on the ST and they are 255/55R20 Michelin Primacy's, which seem reasonable overall. I think I could switch to 275/45R20 later on, so the 21's on the brake upgrade kits don't necessarily appeal to me.

For 2021 they are installing the Track/High perf pads at the factory.

But if the standard brakes have the same sized caliper/rotors, and just the pads are different then I don't really see the point in the upgrade packages unless you actually track the car. Any opinions for those that have the various packages?

On my 2020 ST the Street Pack rotors are bigger than stock. Don't know about the size of the calipers. These brakes work well but I have no way to compare with stock brakes. The track pack only used different pads and there was no way I could see brake pads being worth 1K, and they wold likely be more difficult to modulate. I don't live in a place where snow is an issue, but I doubt the Street Pack tires would be good in snow.

I have the ST with the Street Pack. After 7 Ford SUV's and several foreign performance cars, these brakes are QUITE good....worth the money for better mtn braking and tow braking. I would not go with the stock brakes after trying these. They simply don't fade unless you are driving on a track, which most won't do....ever.

Back