• Register Today It's free!

Standard or Heavy Duty Brakes

zzrenzo

Reaction score
City, State
Buffalo, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer Limited
2019 Ford Explorer Limited 2.3 Ecoboost. Need to replace front and rear brakes. Witout measuring rotor size, is there a way to know if the limited trim came with standard or hd brakes? Thank you everyone,

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HD brakes were installed on the Explorer midway through the 2013 production run.

Peter

2019 Ford Explorer Limited 2.3 Ecoboost. Need to replace front and rear brakes. Witout measuring rotor size, is there a way to know if the limited trim came with standard or hd brakes? Thank you everyone,
Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Go to a site like the following and select the item and enter your VIN to see if it's the correct part for your vehicle.
Discount Ford Performance Parts, Lincoln Accessories | Levittown Ford (forum vendor and offers discounts to members)

Peter

I just read that apparently between 13 and 17 the rear brakes could be between 325 or 352mm depending on options. If you got tow package you automatically get 352 rear rotors. Non tow package with HD brakes could have 345mm or 330mm. Non HD come with 325mm.

I have the sport with tow package and front and rear rotors are 352mm. I wonder if the bracket is any different and just use the 352 on rear?

Back