• Register Today It's free!

standard or superrunner lift

98Rig

Reaction score
City, State
Stevens Point, WI
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 XLT
so i was on superlifts and was looking at lifts. quick questions was, what is the difference in superrunner and standard lifts. as i was looking i couldn't find a difference.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

is it worth the extra for new radius arms? i wont be extreme off road but i want a good stance, wold it be easier on alignment?

...My personal opinion...:scratch:...Buying a lift is useless with out purchasing the extended radius arms...

...The best way I can describe it is:

A)...Put your elbows to your sides and wave your arms up and down while keeping your elbows tucked in....This is what stock radius arms are like with a lift...

B)...Now, take and extend your arms out, and wave them up and down....This is the difference you get with extended radius arms...

...I hope this will help...

^^^ Make sure to do this in a crowded area, and don't tell people why you are doing it :)

Sorry nothing crucial to add, just thought that might be fun to do in like, a grocery store in line ...

I ran a Superrunner kit on my 88 F150 before I did the SAS (Fabbed and kept the arms) and I thought it made a huge difference from the standard lift. I got a lot more flex out of the TTB than I thought it could have.

Here is a good thread giving an overview of Extended radius arms on the TTB from www.therangerstation.com. Although it is specifically describing Skyjacker extended arms, the concept and info are basically identical.

http://therangerstation.com/tech_library/skyjacker_radius_arms.html

Here is a line from the article:
"The longer radius arms increase wheel travel (up to 30%) and help keep caster change to a minimum during suspension cycling. They also help triangulate and strengthen the suspension assembly."

I run SuperLifts extended arms on my Explorer and have more flex out of it than my Ranger without extended RA's. Your gonna have it all apart so it would be easier to do at that time rather than pull it down and do it later. The extended arms do put more stress on the lift brackets(make sure you gusset them before install, I have a write up here on how to do it). Other than breaking the one bracket(lift bracket) I have never had any issues with mine. Heres a pic of mine. The front sway bar is still connected......
sp22.jpg

:salute:

Back